Our family came from (literally) around the world to meet for a 2-week summer vacation in Nantucket. We loved our time at Barntucket and would highly recommend this property to others.
1) The house is in a great location – walking distance to the beach and downtown (about 10 minutes) but far enough away to be out of the fray
2) The property is beautifully landscaped – -lots of shade in the backyard, tons of Nantucket’s finest hydrangeas and other flowering shrubs….just gorgeous. The patio area sports a large gas grill and picnic table for outdoor dining
3) We spent quite a few nights cooking family dinners and loved the open (and well-stocked) kitchen and extra large dining room which comfortably accommodated our entire brood
4) It was really nice having so many bedrooms and bathrooms, the two floors, etc. Always good to be together but also enough space for some privacy. We were in Nantucket during two record-hot weeks and the house was always cool and comfortable. This was especially welcoming after our long bike rides to/from Sconset, Wauwinet, and Madaket!
5) Though we all tried to unplug from work – it was extremely helpful to have consistent WIFI/internet access (when needed).
We have lots of great memories from our time at Barntucket and will definitely call if we plan to return to Nantucket on a future vacation.