Welcome to Barntucket; your vacation rental house of choice when visiting Nantucket Island. Experience the islands history, charm and enchantment in this historic five bedroom, three bath antique carriage house. Built in the early 1800’s, Barntucket today is truly an intimate residence retaining all its original detail.
Smoke free and child friendly, Barntucket accommodates up to ten people and can be rented by the day, week or month. Make Barntucket your rental home of choice when visiting Nantucket.
Barntucket is pet-friendly, with permission of the owner.
Recent reviews of Barntucket
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Barntucket! The home was so inviting and cozy and offered plenty of space for our annual mothers & daughters trip. Town, Steps and Jetties beach were all within walking distance. The kitchen is stocked with everything you need for a meal at home or a bbq on the lovely patio. The set up of the home is perfect for big families with a second kitchen and family room on the upper level. We will definitely be coming back! Bill, thank you so much for everything, you could not have been more accommodating and charming! We would highly recommend staying at Barntucket!
Fantastic. Children and Grandchildren occupy second-floor with full amenities while family events happen on the first floor where the grandparents stay, Everything is close. Shopping and restaurants in walking distance. Relaxation personified.
Our family came from (literally) around the world to meet for a 2-week summer vacation in Nantucket. We loved our time at Barntucket and would highly recommend this property to others.
1) Bill is an amazing host/landlord. He cares about every aspect of your stay. He was responsive and engaged throughout the planning process. When we finally arrived, Bill graciously welcomed us and we felt like family. We really enjoyed his stories about the island and many recommendations about what to do and where to dine.
2) The house is in a great location – walking distance to the beach and downtown (about 10 minutes) but far enough away to be out of the fray
3) The property is beautifully landscaped – -lots of shade in the backyard, tons of Nantucket’s finest hydrangeas and other flowering shrubs….just gorgeous. The patio area sports a large gas grill and picnic table for outdoor dining
4) We spent quite a few nights cooking family dinners and loved the open (and well-stocked) kitchen and extra large dining room which comfortably accommodated our entire brood
5) It was really nice having so many bedrooms and bathrooms, the two floors, etc. Always good to be together but also enough space for some privacy. We were in Nantucket during two record-hot weeks and the house was always cool and comfortable. This was especially welcoming after our long bike rides to/from Sconset, Wauwinet, and Madaket!
6) Though we all tried to unplug from work – it was extremely helpful to have consistent WIFI/internet access (when needed). Also lots of TV’s, etc. for any binge watching
We have lots of great memories from our time at Barntucket and will definitely call Bill if we plan to return to Nantucket on a future vacation.